Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What should be the Dc output level of a single-ended structure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICdesignerbeginner

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What should be the Dc output level of a single ended structure

Hi

I want to know what should be the DC output level of a single ended structure. If the supply voltage is 1 volts supply with a ground. For dual supply we keep it at 0V volts. For single supply what should it be. And why we keep the DC level 0. I think it should be at the centre of supply voltage may be? If yes , then why we keep it at the centre of supply voltage.

Unity gain configuration of single ended OTA

Hi

I want to know how to set a unity gain OTA configuration. I am providing input to both the OTA inputs. The output DC level of OTA is 0.6V. When I am connecting the OTA in unity gain configuration its output DC level is changed to the input DC level because the negative input is short to output. If the DC output level is changed the then whats the use of setting the DC output level to the mid of supply voltage.

Actually I want to to see the transient response of OTA to calculate THD in cadence.

Can some one Help me

Re: Unity gain configuration of single ended OTA

By nature of the unity gain configuration, the amplifier output will be pulled to the voltage level at the non-inverting input. If you want a different output level, use AC coupling or a level shifter.

- - - Updated - - -

Choosing the input- and output voltage level of an amplifier has to do with useable voltage range and required signal swing. You should check this for your amplifier design.

Re: Unity gain configuration of single ended OTA

I want to know I have applied two differential inputs to the singel ended OTA inputs. Now I want to make it a unity gain configuration. I have just shorted the output with the non-inverting input terminal and removed the input voltage at the non-inverting terminal. I have just provided input to the inverting terminal only. Do I have to apply input to the non-inverting terminal for making it a unity gain configuration

Re: What should be the Dc output level of a single ended structure

You wrongly connected the non-inverting input to the output making a latch with positive feedback, not an amplifier that uses negative feedback. The output will latch at the positive supply voltage or at ground.
Negative feedback has the inverting input connected to the output.

Status
Not open for further replies.