Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

True-RMS Digital Multimeter 9999 counts Square Wave. What does it measure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just that it has a four digit display. Maximum number it can display is 9999
Some meters have an extra digit so you get higher resolution in the smaller readings.

Brian.

What about the last key which has a square wave? I think the number is related to that key.

Hi,

It may be a squarewave pulse output that can be used to diagnose/troubleshoot circuits. A DMM I have has that symbol also, and the word OUT under the squarewave symbol. Have you been able to find the DMM manual to check?

Couldn't find datasheet but one site says it counts square wave. Whatever that means.

- - - Updated - - -

I need to learn how to read the question better. I believe it means just what it says. Counts the square wave pulses per second.

OK, I saw a YouTube video.

I'm sorry I could just look for it in YouTube.

Watch this video at 18:45.

It actually outputs square signal starting at 50Hz to 9999Hz. It's good :)

Hmmm I don't know if it worth the buy or the regular DMM should be enough?

Hi,

It depends, will you ever need it? (Never say never?) I think it's a useful function, a portable squarewave, it's probably useful to know the voltage level - probably can guess from the battery needed; the DMM I have works off 3V and the squarewave is 1.2V. Seems useful, like the DMMs that have a temperature sensor.

I bought it :)

It was $24, it's not a big difference with a regular one for $13! Well, it's $11 difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back