Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing with micro-controller(8051)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijay_iit

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
8051 mtk

hi
i want to do some small project to improve my knowledge in the area of Board
design, so i choosed to do a project by using Micro-controller(8051)
but i'm unable to find a topic/ some small application that could be made using
the controller.
so please any one help me in finding a topic for me

also i want to know what are the things that should be known to do board design

reg
vijaybabu

8051 pulse generator program

You already got a board for the 8051 and programmer? Or you are user starting from a scratch?

For the programmer and interface board, search the microcontroller section by using the term "DS89C420". It will give a result of a DS89C420 programmer, a microcontroller with 8051 core.

For books you can search the ebooks section, for projects, you can post at the microcontrollers section also.

vijay_iit

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
controller 8051

You can consider designing a board of a digital clock based on a 8051 core.
Some project instructions you can find here:
**broken link removed**
Some of 8051-based microcontrollers can be programmed through the serial port - and this is a cheaper option, as you don't need to buy expensive parallel programmers .. so DS89C420/450... can be a good alternative and on top of that you can possibly obtain free samples from MAXIM-IC web site ..
If you concider this option then we can elaborate more on how to connect a serial interface between PC and the microcontroller to be programmed that way ..

vijay_iit

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
microcontroller c51

start by making a project of Pulse generator of different frequencies. It is the basic that will be used in most of the projects. Then generate pulses by timers.......after that use timmer interepts for generating pulses. After learning the basics move towards projects like digital clock etc

microcontroller/dev_tool_software/mtk

The best way to start on a microcontroller is by blinking a LED, try to do a blink a LED first.

controller 8051 programming

hi
first of all thanks to glenjoy,Ianp and ahsan for ur reply

actually i'm planned to start my design from the scratch, so i thought of buying a microcntroller(8951) chip from a local ventor and do a small application
this is what my actual situation.

ianp what u mailed abt clock generator is intereting,plz i request u to give me further information regarding design, rs232 interface and also abt getting a chip from maxim.

defiantly i will start doing my project with led toggle as every prject is started by led toggle

thanking all
reg
vijay

8051 program for pulse generation

vijay_iit said:
hi
first of all thanks to glenjoy,Ianp and ahsan for ur reply

actually i'm planned to start my design from the scratch, so i thought of buying a microcntroller(8951) chip from a local ventor and do a small application
this is what my actual situation.

ianp what u mailed abt clock generator is intereting,plz i request u to give me further information regarding design, rs232 interface and also abt getting a chip from maxim.

defiantly i will start doing my project with led toggle as every prject is started by led toggle

thanking all
reg
vijay

You can say thank by pressing the Helped Me button. You can request free samples from Maxim, just go to their website and register.

8951 microcontroller

Here is a link to a schematic on the RS-232 connection:
**broken link removed**
However, once you have samples from MAXIM-IC (**broken link removed** .. at the bottom you will find SAMPLES CART, and you will need to register, but it is harmless), alow on yor new PCB some room not only for MAX232 but for 74125, which will allow you not only program the DS89C450 but execute program from the same board ..

Download MTK (microcontroller tool kit) from here:
**broken link removed**
..install it and goto HELP where you will find harware connectrions of MAX232, 74125 and microcotroller ..

Any questions ..just ask ..

microcontroller 8051 tool kit

IanP said:
Here is a link to a schematic on the RS-232 connection:
h**p://chaokhun.kmitl.ac.th/~kswichit/MAX232/MAX232.htm
However, once you have samples from MAXIM-IC (h**p://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/4078 .. at the bottom you will find SAMPLES CART, and you will need to register, but it is harmless), alow on yor new PCB some room not only for MAX232 but for 74125, which will allow you not only program the DS89C450 but execute program from the same board ..

Download MTK (microcontroller tool kit) from here:
**broken link removed**
..install it and goto HELP where you will find harware connectrions of MAX232, 74125 and microcotroller ..

Any questions ..just ask ..

Hi do not forget that we have a complete schematic and board for the DS89C420 and MAX233 under this forum section, just search around and you can find it.

8051 micro control kit

sir,i am doing a project where i have to do a led blinking project using 8951 microcontroller.i burn a c program in microcontroller using keil software.but when i did the circuit it not works.so i think there is a problem in either program or circuit.so plz help me.
program:

sfr P2 = 0xA0;

void delay()
{
int i;
for(i=0;i<15000;i++)
{

}
}

void main()
{
while(1)
{
P2 = 0xFF;
delay();
P2 = 0x00;
delay();
}
}

Here i connect a cristal oscillator of 11.0592 MHZ betwn 18 and 19 and then use to 33 pf capacitor and groud it.from 9 th pin one 82 k resistor connected and gound it. again from 9th pin 10 micro F capacitor connectedwith 5 v supply.from 22 pin led connected with one 510 ohm resistor and goes to supply. pin 31 and 40 connected with supply.
if in the circuit or in the program some problem then plz help me urgently.
my id sankar_584@yahoo.co.in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back