Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

copy code from ROM to RAM and execute

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtronix

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to write data into internal flash where code is being executed. When i perform write operation on flash at that time i can not read or execute from flash so in this case i have to copy flash related code into RAM.

using __attribute__(("section name")) command I'd successfully mapped function into RAM but don't know how to copy that function from ROM to RAM so execution can happen. even i couldn't found ROM address for copy in .map file

You don't have to copy function. You just put function to RAM, linker will do all your job. For Keil you need just open file properties and specify the place where you wanna place all the functions in this file - to RAM or ROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back