Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switch Cap integrator trouble...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kart339

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I have a switch cap integrator in my design. It works fine when I test it by itself and also when it's placed in the actual app with no load before it. But as soon as I place a comparator (ideal) before it, the ramp changes to a square waveform. Anyone knows why this happens and how to fix it?
Thanks in advance!
Kart

Please provide a schematic of your circuit so that we can help.

Bastos

I dont have a schematic as it's a spice netlist file but here is a diagram of what i am trying to implement. I am using a 30 ns switching freq for my switches. Also, I am seeing spikes in my ramp output. Is there any way around this?

Are you using a nonoverlap phase generator to control the switches. The spikes in the output are due to charge injection and are commom when there is a phase change. Apart of this your circuit seams normal and should work ok.

Bastos

Status
Not open for further replies.