Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to extract the net delay of a routed net in Vivado?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdarvishi

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Here is a snapshot of my fully routed and implemented into the FPGA. I use Vivado Design Suite 2016.1. Previously, when using FPGA_Editor in ISE, we could extract the net delay of each routed wire by clicking on it and then push the"delay" button or using the delay command in Tcl command line to see the net demay of this wire.

I am going to do the same procedure in Vivado for the selected net (white in the picture), but I cannot ! I saw a command named get_net_delays -of_objects, but it does not work here !!

P.S. my route's name is xOutStepReg_reg_n_105 located in the following tree map of Netlist :
arnd2/Nets/ct6/Nets/xOutStepReg_reg_n_105

Kind helps are in advance appreciated.

Thanks,
routing .png

From the UG835 description of get_net_delays

of_objects arg -(Required)Get the net delays of the specified net objects. This option can be used to reduce the amount of data returned by the get_net_delays command.
NOTE: The -of_objects option requires objects to be specified using the get_* commands,
such as get_nets in the case of the get_net_delays command.

An example from UG835
report_property -all [lindex [get_net_delays -interconnect_only -of_objects [get_nets control_reg[*]]] 16 ]

not sure if you used the get_nets command to get a list of net objects to supply to the get_net_delays command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back