Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Isolation OpAmp with 4500V of continuous isolation voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

flote21

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello buddies!

I am wondering if there is any part like the ISO122U but with higher isolation voltage. I need to find one isolation OpAmp which can be able to withstand 4500V of continuous isolation voltage. This OpAmp is going to be used in high power applications....I have been searching deeply and i have found one part with a continuos isolated voltage of 3500V. Any suggestion?

If there would not have any comercial part, any trick to increase the isolation of an OpAmp is also very welcome....

Thanks in advance!

Your best bet might be a voltage to frequency converter driving a fibre optic link, and then a frequency to voltage converter at the other end.

The fibre optic cable can be as long or as short as required, but the isolation and noise immunity will be fantastic. You just need to come up with some realistic specifications, then design around that.

That is a good idea...but i need a cheap solution... :-(

Your best bet might be a voltage to frequency converter driving a fibre optic link, and then a frequency to voltage converter at the other end.

The fibre optic cable can be as long or as short as required, but the isolation and noise immunity will be fantastic. You just need to come up with some realistic specifications, then design around that.

Hi,

We use POF, HFBR style.

Btw: Because ISO122U is specified to withstand xxx continous isolation voltage it does by far not mean that this is according safety rules of your country.

Here in EU we usually need much wider clearance and creepage distance.
(I´m referring to DIN EN 50178)

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.