Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to use .coe file in xilinx

Status
Not open for further replies.

emerson_11

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am trying to read my image pixels in my verilog code for implementation.i created a sample .coe file containing five 32bit binary values and using core generator i have created a BRAM of width 32 and depth 16 and i have initialized the bram with this .coe file. Now i want to do some multiplications with the values in BRAM. How could i read values from BRAM? Can anyone help me clearly?

i read the forums. Still am not clear about my doubt. Can you tell me simply about how to read data from BRAM into my verilog code ?

Can you tell me simply about how to read data from BRAM into my verilog code ?

"Simply" is a relative term!

But if my definition of 'simply' matches with your definition of 'simply', then all you need to so is to place the address, chip_enable(if any) and read_enable at the rising edge of the clock and then on the data bus you should get your data after 1 or 2 clock cycle latency.
Simple right? :)

It is a different story if you are indirectly suggesting someone to provide the verilog code.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back