Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mosfet without heat sink

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshh

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Difference between irf3205 and nce4080

I tried this mosfet Irf3205 to drive dc motor from gate driver but it got warm at current 5 A,20khz however I used heatsink.
I have ready made dc driver board in its datasheet it can hold up to 10 A with this mosfet https://www.google.com.eg/url?sa=t&...P2q1FERJq8sQn-ykKJHw6g&bvm=bv.137132246,d.d24
without heat sink but it is soldered on the pcb, how could it survive however it has almost the same Rds on of irf3205

Re: Difference between irf3205 and nce4080

IRF3205 can be expected to heat up by about 10K at 5A DC, don't know if you would consider it warm. But there may be additional switching losses, show your circuit schematic.

this is the circuit.

i want a mosfet that can be soldered to the pcb at 20khz 10A without blow up

Hi,

why that difficult?

Use a N-Ch MOSFET as low side switch, connect the motor to +24V and MOSFET_DRAIN.

With adjusted switching timing and a well selected MOSFET you just need:
* logic level MOSEFT
* free wheel diode
(two devices as minimal configuration)

Klaus

I need a mosfet that can hold 10A to be used in hbridge. But i tried the attached circuit to try the mosfet i don't think that will make difference

i don't think that will make difference
No big difference. But you should analyze the switching behavior (FET current and voltage) to be sure that the circuit doesn't involve additional switching losses, due to diode reverse recovery, slow switching caused by unsuitable gate signals or whatsoever.

Do you mean that it won't heat up in the bridge circuit?

I want to use mosfet to switch hbridge at 20khz,10A without heat sink. would you recommend one?

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.