Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommendations for DSP board capable of FIR for 75kHz to 150kHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

robinaspey

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
have never done any DSP using dedicated chips and have a project which requires monitoring between 75kHz and 150kHz with the passband variable between these frequencies. Outside this range needs to be blocked. Its for sonar for cetacean monitoring. I have experience of designing the code for doing the DSP using Matlab which seems straightforward enough.

What I'd like are recommendations for a capable DSP development board (or chip) with reasonable power consumption and speed, - I require miniumum phase distortion (so FIR I expect). Ideally I would like to use an existing [modestly?] priced development board with 2 AD channels (10-12 bits) and at least 1 DAC channel to test code as its developed. The DAC needs to be able to work up to 150kHz to test the filter response using a signal source to the inputs.

I am expecting the filter would be notch bandpass with a variable width depending on what noise I want to reject but between 75kHz and 150kHz as mentioned.

Anyone got any suggestions for a development board that might work for this.? Even better
suggestions for a few boards, I am guessing TMS320 variants as these seem to come up a lot
although other sonar stuff I have noted use Blackfin and Sharc.

Regards
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back