+ Post New Thread
    Newbie level 2

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

[Moved] Identifying Electronics Equipment

Here, listed for your convenience, Everything I can see as far as letters, references, or any other indications that would help identify the unit. All theses indications are on the pictures shown but may be difficult to read.
    On the top: PILOT GP ADAPTOR 460V em 38-8 with a little circle with 4 lines at 12 3 6 and 9 hours.
    On the back: +DC IN -DC IN GROUND CHASSIS RS232 PIN 1 POWER RESET RS232
    On the front: Current Breakers POWER GROUND CHASSIS PILOT and this sign that look like a Yin Yang circle.
    No writings on either side neither on the bottom
    Inside the unit are a whole lot of electronic including a complex PWM power supply and what looks like a Z80 computer board with the Z80 processor.
    I am quite certain this unit a some sort of EEPROM programmer from a UK company (by the spelling of ADAPTOR) but mainly I'd like to identify it so I can retrace the instructions and perhaps software to run it as intended.

•   AltAdvertisement

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    7 years registered
    Awards:
    2nd Helpful Member
    Helped
    4514 / 4514
    Level

Re: [Moved] Identifying Electronics Equipment

I have no idea what it is but it dates from the late 1980s and almost certainly isn't an EPROM programmer. The cable and socket are probably to link it to other equipment in a rack so it is only part of a larger system.

I'm in the UK but have never heard the name PILOT in connection with industrial equipment and I don't recognize the logo. Judging by the power stages and what looks like a dual rail power supply, I would guess it is part of a machine controller, possibly driving motors.

Your best chance at identifyng it would be by unplugging the EPROM (the one with the paper label on it) and reading it's contents. There is a reasonably good chance it contains a copyright message and possibly text relating to what it does.

Brian.
    PLEASE - no friends requests or private emails, I simply don't have time to reply to them all.
    It's better to share your questions and answers on Edaboard so we can all benefit from each others experiences.

•   AltAdvertisement

Newbie level 2

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Re: [Moved] Identifying Electronics Equipment

I sure appreciate the reply Sir, I am not the originator of the post but asked the fellow if I could share the pics and the info. So far it has 3 different electronic forums stumped. I will pass along your info to him about the EPROM. You answer has been the best by far. Thanks Again!

--[[ ]]--