Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

M-Audio Fast track pro low volume issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzy

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Has anyone ever used M-audio fast trackDigital Recording Interface, someone brought one to me today and asked if I could check it out because they arent getting any output from it, When I tested it myself at first I thought there was no output but then I maxed the volume of my laptop and and maxed its output volume also and then I herd the music playing very low just the same. I did a couple searches well in forums but there seems to be no fix thus far based on what I have seen and its very common with this specific Digital Recording Interface people tend to say its software issue even though they havent found the solution I think its hardware.

Does anyone here have experience with it and know a fix.

What I tried so far was to connect it to my tda7293 amplifier In which I increased the gain of the amp by a little over 4 times and I connected a small 8 ohm speaker as output and maxing out the volume to 100%it was louder but still very low but so far I can see that its a low signal coming out.

You need to ensure that the input signal is at line level (headphone output on laptop is likely not).

That board is so complex in design I dont know if I could even find space to test it properly, When you say check if input is at line level I assume you mean if its at 5v being that its input signal and power is from the laptop.

I tried it on more than one laptops that dont have usb issues and its the same problem which would mean its the hardware itself so many people complain about it in forums, I could tryy to check step by step later on when I am home. Verify what I should look for at the input.

I tried it on more than one laptops that dont have usb issues

This needs clarification. Does usb signal go into your problem device? Or is it powered by usb?

Analog audio goes out the headphone jack. Does analog go into your problem device?

-------------------

If you want to explore other possibilities, there is a popular free program called Audacity (available for Mac and Windows). It accepts an audio signal and converts it to digitized audio. You send the audio into your mic jack.

It is powered by the usb and also signal is send through the same usb to the device. the output signal comes through a quarter inch jack, also what would be the purpose of using the software? Would it be to check if the type of signal going in is the issue?

could you do a review on it or check the issue with a google search, alot of person have the exact same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back