Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate current starved VCO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinito

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can someone tell me how to simulate current starved VCO. I can't get the freq curve as a function of Vco,in. Thanks.

Added after 2 minutes:

If possible, could someone provide a PLL design example like project report or detailed design steps for PLL. I have read the theory enough, I'd like to see how someone designs it. I can get the waveform using transient analysis but don't know how to do freq vs voltage simulation.

Re: current starved VCO

about current straved VCO it is a ring oscillator with current controlled delay cells
u can simulalte it with @DS using HB simulator , sweep the control voltage
it is simple

about PLL design example ,
do the system analysis then from it get the req kvco , divider ration , and assume chagre pump current
then calculate the filter elements
then resimulate the pll in system level then begin to design the circuits that provide u with the required parameters

i hope this help

current starved VCO

also put an initial condition at the output for simulation
u can find a design example in Baker Lee Boyce

Status
Not open for further replies.