Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About the shematic symbol of Zuken Cadstar

Status
Not open for further replies.

EasonChan

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear,
Is there anybody knows if the pin sequence must start from 1 in Zuken CadStar?
I'm drawing a schematic symbol of single coil inductor, there're 4 pins with the component but only pin 2 and pin 3 is needed in shecmatic symbol, i draw 2 pins and want to name them pin2, pin3, but failed, it seems that the pin1 is required?
1.png

I am replying to this, only in the hope that the OP gets an email reminding them about it.

You posted it in the wrong forum or it would have been replied to on the same day.

Just in case anyone else ever searches for the answer to this question. (that I suspect you have figured out by now.)

Your symbol has 2 terminals, they must be terminals no1 and no2. (same numbers as the qty of terminals in the symbol.)
Your component has 4 pins, 1, 2, 3, 4. (these can be named anything you want.)

You want the 2 terminals in the symbol to connect to pins 2 and 3 on the component and display 2 and 3 on the symbol in the schematic.

Easy:

When creating the part you map the pins to terminals in the definition, on the pins tab.

As the symbol will be "gate A" then for pin 2 you put A.1 (symbol terminal 1) and for pin 3 you put A.2 (symbol terminal 2) and when you add it to the schematic it displays only pins 2 and 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back