Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPRS TCP IP server hangs (M95)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AssemblyLine

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I managed to establish a TCP IP server using a GSM module Quectel M95.

The poblem I came is that I interogate continously (~2 seconds ,perhaps faster) the server ; the server responds with some data ( less than 10 bytes ) )

after a while the connection is lost;
the PC app I use as the client (the one which sends the request through internet to the m95 module ) does not receive the server's answer anymore, and after a while it says that it can not send the request anymore.

to be able to send again , I have to disconnect and connect again

I think the problem is on the server side; i don t think that the GPRS network would release the connection if there is data flowing through it; my connection get stuck after a while (sometime an hour, sometime 10 minutes; )

the QUESTION : how I (the server) can check the connection and mantain it , without restarting the connection and without any form of heartbeat packet/ping??? ...(because I am a server/slave)

Last edited:

I managed to establish a TCP IP server using a GSM module Quectel M95.

The poblem I came is that I interogate continously (~2 seconds ,perhaps faster) the server ; the server responds with some data ( less than 10 bytes ) )

after a while the connection is lost;
the PC app I use as the client (the one which sends the request through internet to the m95 module ) does not receive the server's answer anymore, and after a while it says that it can not send the request anymore.

to be able to send again , I have to disconnect and connect again

I think the problem is on the server side; i don t think that the GPRS network would release the connection if there is data flowing through it; my connection get stuck after a while (sometime an hour, sometime 10 minutes; )

the QUESTION : how I (the server) can check the connection and mantain it , without restarting the connection and without any form of heartbeat packet/ping??? ...(because I am a server/slave)

How did you manage to establish a server with this GSM module?:clap::-o

https://www.antrax.de/downloads/gsm-easy!/quectel-application notes/gsm_tcpip_an_v1.1.pdf

In this application notes you can find some methods to maintain a TCP/IP connection, maybe you manage to apply these methods from the server side.
But i can't even establish the server because nothing can connect to it. I mean, i've done exactly the same commands explained in that .pdf and the server goes in listening status, but when i try to connect something (i've tryed with Telnet, modbus scan, hyperterminal...) the module doesn't send any string "REMOTE IP:..." through the uart.:thinker:
I don't really know why, have you any suggestion please?

Have you any indications that your mobile internet provider allows inbound TCP/IP connections? Usually they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back