Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16F877 thermometer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
its ok now i've set hs for oscillator

What caps and crystal are you using, I know the caps you originally had were actually shorting the clock signal to ground they were so large.
It is possible your clock is intermittent if you don't have correct values, also different brand/ type crystals require different size caps.
Do you have a scope with x10 probes?

What caps and crystal are you using, I know the caps you originally had were actually shorting the clock signal to ground they were so large.
It is possible your clock is intermittent if you don't have correct values, also different brand/ type crystals require different size caps.
Do you have a scope with x10 probes?

thx Lisa the problem was the configuration Bits & i've set the crystal type to HS in ic-prog
when burning the MCU
i was looking for a program to read the ADC in & show the number in decimal on 3 7segment displays then i can learn & continue my project

Thx alot
John

thx alot Lisa
Pic Baisc its great & easy to use
i've tried the 7 segment example on 16F877 & it works great

thx
John

Status
Not open for further replies.