Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

adaptive passes did not converge

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateek3790

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
if for HFSS simulation if the adaptive passes do not converge, the simulated results are completely wrong. i have already increased the number of adaptive passes to 30.

It cannot be said that simulation results are wrong, just the accuracy is low. It depends on the maximum delta S that you have specified and the maximum delta S that your meshing has reached so far by the current number of adaptive passes.

so shall i increase the passes again or any other suggestions.

Try to reduce the size of your model if you can by using some sort of symmetry plane or simplify your model by using solid via plate instead of a large number of vias. Default "Maximum Delta S" is 0.01 and normally I st it to 0.005 to get better accuracy. Also maximum delta Zo, has a role and I set it to 0.5%.
Also, if your air box is excessively large, you can reduce it without losing on accuracy. But, if you have done these already, there is not much that you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.