Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Observe TE20 mode at the output of waveguide in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktx2222

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have designed a rectangular waveguide in HFSS. The exciations was defined as wave port with 2 mode. I want to see the magnitude of E field of only TE20 mode at the output. I only see the function of plot the magnitude of E field in general, and I think that result is the combination of TE10 mode and TE20 mode? Please help

Hi ktx2222,

If your ports are each exciting more than one mode, then your S-parameters will have four indices (e.g., S(1:1,2:1)). The number after the colon is the mode index, so if your TE20 mode is mode 2, then S(1:2,2:2) is the transmission coefficient of the TE20 mode from port 1 to port 2. S(1:2,1:2) is the reflection coefficient of the TE20 mode observed at port 1.

Thank PlanarMetamaterials,

I have one more question. I want to see the vector of E field of the TE20 mode at the output. Can I excite only TE20 mode? Because when I set the number of mode is 2, look like the vector of E field is the combination of TE10 mode and TE20 mode?

It sounds like you may be exciting both modes. You can select the excitation strengths in HFSS->Fields->Edit Sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back