Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[HFSS] Magnitude of wave inside waveguide is as a function of position

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktx2222

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Assume a signal is transmitted along z-axis, across a waveguide.

In general, I usually simulate a waveguide to observe S-parameters, cut-off frequency.

This time I want to apply a signal with a constant frequency and the magnitude depending on the position of x-axis (transverse plane). Can anyone tell me how to define it in HFSS?

Thank in advanced.

Assume a signal is transmitted along z-axis, across a waveguide.

Do you mean the z-axis is along (i.e., the longitudinal axis of) the waveguide?

This time I want to apply a signal with a constant frequency and the magnitude depending on the position of x-axis

I'm not sure what you mean by this. You can excite various modes by specifying a larger number of modes on the waveport, then you can set the amplitude of each individually.

Thank PlanarMetamaterials for your reply.

Do you mean the z-axis is along (i.e., the longitudinal axis of) the waveguide?
Yes, I do. I am sorry to make you confuse.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. You can excite various modes by specifying a larger number of modes on the waveport, then you can set the amplitude of each individually.
This is what I want to do. I want to excite only mode TE20, please tell me how to set. Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back