Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reflection and transmission of plane wave incident to dielectric interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghasem_008

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi.
I know reflection and transmission coefficients of plane wave normally incidence to dielectric interface when interface location is at origin (for example z=0).
now if interface location was z=d , this coefficients how changes?
is there anyone who give me a good reference or PDF?
THANKS

Hello, in fact the reflection and transmission coefficients doesn't change with the interface location, they only depend on the frequency and the characteristics of the two mediums (permittivity, conductivity and permeability). You can refer to "microwave engineering" M.Pozar p 29

Hello, in fact the reflection and transmission coefficients doesn't change with the interface location, they only depend on the frequency and the characteristics of the two mediums (permittivity, conductivity and permeability).

Yes,I know it.
I have a problem that interface is at (z=d) and I can not shift it to (z=0).
Now I want to write continuity condition of tangential E fields on interface z=d.
suppose we have:
Ex_incident = E0. exp[-jk1*z]
Ex_reflected = Er . exp[+jk1*z]
E_total_1 = Ex_incident + Ex_reflected
E_transmitted = Et . exp[-jk2*z]

now I want to write:
E_total_1(z=d) = E_transmitted(z=d). so:

E0. exp[-jk1*d] + Er. exp[jk1*d] = Et . exp[-jk2*d]

in this relation, left and right sides are equal?

If your interface is at z=d then Ex_incident = E0.exp[-jk1*(z-d)] same for the others and you have finally at z=d ==> E0+Er = Et

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back