Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lumped resistor in CST Microwave Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

payam_p

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone

I'd really appreciate some help with following question: I'm simulating a complex meta-material absorber (CMMA) and i want to enter 2 resistors and 2 capacitors in it. i wonder how i can do it. i thought of wave guides but hadn't tested it and don't know how to do it. :thinker:
**broken link removed** (here's the link to a picture of the design)
The MMA is one in the top link. Resistors and capacitors are to be placed in the discreet points of outer circle. (I know how to pick points, edges, etc)

p.s. it's my 1st time writing here so i hope to helped & helpful. :)

I found my answer an it was a really easy one. It's just to pick the two point U want your lumped element between and then use lumped element bottom on the simulation tab, you'll then be able to insert resistance, capacitance or inductance. Or even insert a diode.

simulation-->pick point/edge mid(pick 2 points you want the element between)-->lumped element

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,
I try to design SRR antenna with additional capacitance in between gap so that it will match my 50 ohm input impedance.But it doesn't show any effect of S11 when i change the value of capacitance. Can anyone help me on this matter.Here I'm attaching the CST 2014 file. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• SRR Antenna_Reference.zip
    104.5 KB · Views: 144

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back