Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Half duplex RF tranceiver by using LINX RF modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munib

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have got RF modules ,TXM-418-LR(transmitter) and RXM-418-LR(receiver) and the antenna ANT-418-PW-RA.

Now i want to make a half duplex tranceiver by using these RF modules.For that i can understand that i will need a SPDT RF switch to connect a single antenna to the transmitter and receiver module.
But for some reasons i cant go for above solution.Now if i will place the transmitter and receiver modules side by side then i can manage to get a very small distance (around 8mm) between the antenna feed pins of both modules.Now if i connect both antenna feed pins through a tab very near to the modules on the PCB and connect a single antenna to that tab and then control my transmitter and receiver through a microcontroller using the power down pins of modules such that only one of them remain active at a time
Will this thing work properly as a Half duplex tranceiver?

Dtasheets can be consulted for reference at following links:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
https://www.linxtechnologies.com/in...ntennas&subcategory=monopole&series=ra_series

Thanking in anticipation

you don't need to use a switch to connect a single antenna ..You could also do it
with a diplexer .. But the diplexer has to be designed for that frequency ..
a lot of manufacturers of RC tranceivers usually give you an example .So probably you could look on similars ICs and use one of theirs .
I va used MELEXIS trasnceivers in the past and used their diplexer..

i cant get your point.As i am very new to RF field i dont know what is a diplexer?

can you please tell me what is it?How to design one for a frequecy of 418MHz?
what kind of components are required for it?

Please give me some links if you can

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back