Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Picstart Plus 18F6720 Firmware problem. (Picstart not found)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bytestorm

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!
I have a picstart plus 10-00379-R3 unit with a PIC18F6720.

I have verified that the comport is indeed working, but I cant enable the programmer. "Picstart programmer not found"
I used my MPLAB ICD 3 to reprogram the firmwares found on this site, and the original included in the installation folder (size 70-80k??), but I still cant get it to work.

I also have a older R10 version of the same programmer, Picstart plus. And that connects and enables just fine when i swap them.
This leads me to belive the COM port (usb to serial) is indeed working.

The firmwares I have downloaded here on this forum are supposed to be for the R10 I belive, with the adapterboard.. So they might not be suited for this unit :S since this unit has the 18f6720 from default.

Can anyone please upload the full original or compatible firmware for the 18F6720 variant?
The MPLAB version I use is the latest 8.92.

I am using a MPLAB ICD 3 to program the 18F6720.. I wonder if I need any specific settings or something when programming?
Or am I just supposed to import the HEX and program? (when I read out the programmed HEX, some data differs from the original file ..)

Thanks for reading this far :D

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.