Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to export TIFF or JPEG file format in PROTEUS 7 PROFESSIONAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

hari_preetha

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Some journals are asking especially graphs or Schematics in JPEG or TIFF format. I have noticed following file formats, while exporting schematic using ISIS 7 Professional

1) Bitmap
2) Metfile
3) DXF file
4) EPS file
5) PDF file
6) Vector file

TIFF or JPEG is not available in the ISIS 7 professional. How to obtain the JPEG or TIFF format using ISIS 7 professional. I need the schematics in TIFF or JPEG with more than 300 DPI.

ISIS_EXPORT_File_Formats.jpg

You can try this:

(1) Open a bitmap file in Paint.
(2) Click "Save As". (Alert: avoid overwriting your original file.)
(3) Choose tiff or jpeg as the format.
(4) Open the new image in Windows Photo Viewer, to make sure it came out all right.

JPEG is popular because it compresses large images, so that they occupy fewer kB. Transfer times are reduced. When saving to disk, look for a slider adjustment for image quality. Be careful not to reduce size so much that you sacrifice quality.

There are more sophisticated graphics editors than Paint. Some may work with the other formats you mentioned.

You can try this:

(1) Open a bitmap file in Paint.
(2) Click "Save As". (Alert: avoid overwriting your original file.)
(3) Choose tiff or jpeg as the format.
(4) Open the new image in Windows Photo Viewer, to make sure it came out all right.

JPEG is popular because it compresses large images, so that they occupy fewer kB. Transfer times are reduced. When saving to disk, look for a slider adjustment for image quality. Be careful not to reduce size so much that you sacrifice quality.

Same thing as you said in the PAINT. Same thing we can do using Microsoft power point also.
Which one is better quality to produce good quality images either Microsoft power point or Microsoft paint. Which one we have to use.

Paint does not always make it convenient to do certain things. Example, to edit an image which is much larger than your screen. However it is free with Windows OS.

I have not used PowerPoint, but I imagine it has more features than Paint, and is easier to use.

BMP and TIFF are 'lossless' graphic formats. They do not compress. You can edit a diagram and save it many times, and it will stay sharp.

JPG is 'lossy'. After a few edits and saves, it becomes blurry in places.

I like .png for its lossless compression and very small file
sizes (esp. if you reduce the color depth).

The GIMP (Gnu Image Manipulation Program) is a good
publicly available full featured graphics editor. I only
use it on Linux systems but believe you could find a
Windows version.

When publishing your image will likely occupy a couple
of inches and a decent 1920x1200 monitor does me just
fine for an

alt-pr-scrn, paste as new image, crop, save-as

sequence of motions and if the plot was near full
screen, 300DPI would be about 6x4 - more than any
two-column page would use.

You might also be able to print to PDF or Postscript
at arbitrarily high resolution (play with paper size
and DPI) and then pipe that through ps2gif (Postscript
to GIF) or similar format conversion tools, once you
have a more-standard image file format your options
for editing get pretty broad.

Hello,
Paint will not solve the entire problem. you need to have some other solution. Try Universal Document Converter. You can get the sematics with this and that also 300+ dpi high quality. I use it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back