Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCDuino DIY Projects (Suggestions needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinnster

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, was thinking to try to learn PCDuino by doing a DIY project.

You guys have any recommendations?
Preferrable nothing to do with 3D printers :x
:):thinker:

Drawing from my own life...

* Homemade stroboscope using bright white led's. With a microcontroller you can build in several useful functions: calibration, smooth speed adjustment at all ranges, brightness, 'ON' time. (I made a very simple stroboscope which lacks these functions, but it is fun nevertheless.)

* Ceiling fan speed indicator. Mine has 3 speeds but no indicator. My idea is to mount a photosensor near the blades. Count time for 4 waveforms (or whatever is quantity of blades). Calculate rpm. Light up 1 or 2 or 3 led's to indicate speed.

* House voltage monitor. Handy for reading AC volt level. Add an audible alert if voltage drops below a certain level, suddenly or gradually, or blacks out. A large capacitor will power it for a few seconds when blackout hits.

* Stove/ range/ oven reminder. For those who tend to forget they left something cooking. Make a circuit to detect the range light is on, and sound a beeper every 60 seconds, loud enough to hear down the hall. Or a canned voice saying 'stove is on.'

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back