Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] Pic to pic uart communication using rs232

Status
Not open for further replies.

burrow

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai, i need to establish communication between 2 pis using uart. and i have succeeded in doing so in proteus. Since in real practice the distance between 2 pics is going to be around 15 meter i decided to use MAX232.

Kindly give me tips on that. Do i need max232 at both ends ? How should be the connection.

Also let me know how much baud rate will be reliable for a distance of 15m

Yes, you need 2 X MAX232. You have to connect male DB9 connector on one end and femal DB9 connector on the other side and use a male to female RS232 cable to connect between these two DB9 connectors. DB9 connectors will be at the RS232 side of MAX232 and microcontroller's UART lines will be interfaced to TTL side of MAX232. You can use 9600 bps or 19200 bps baudrate.

Reactions: burrow

burrow

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hai,

Well thats a good answer to my question. But i am planning to use wires alone.( No connectors). Just wire directly to the board. :).. So i need help in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back