Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What equipment will I need for testing audio production equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickgraff7

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello I am new to this site. I recently started going to LW Tech for electronics technology and I have about $1200 coming my way that I can only spend on stuff related to my field of study (I don't get it if i don't spend it). I want to get into designing and making my own synthesizers eventually but I also want to be able to fix any of my audio production equipment that breaks. I also want to have anything I might need for building and testing my own Alternators. I just bought a Hantek DSO5102P so I hope that will be sufficient. I am also getting a fluke multimeter through my teacher. I was thinking maybe a 20Mz function generator (how many Mhz would I really need it to be capable of producing?) with usb capabilities like the ATTEN ATF20B and what about a spectrum analyzer or frequency counter? Thanks in advanced.

Rather then a function generator, a sine wave oscillator 20 - 20kHZ with really low distortion, say 10 times lower then the distortion that you would expect to get from your products. And to match it a noise and distortion measuring set or a wave analyser (audio form of a spectrum analyser).
With a suitable load, you can then set up the rated power output by measuring the voltage with the CRO, then measure the frequency response and distortion.
Trying out synthesizers (audio I presume) only requires a CRO. Alternators require a suitable load and power measuring equipment, the CRO or DVM woulld be enough for this ( P = V^2 /R).
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back