Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB bulk Endpoint size

Status
Not open for further replies.

maheshkarrajmanda

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
i'm working on usb protocol.My basic doubt is for full speed usb devices data transfer is 12Mbps but in usb specification is mentioning that maximum endpoint size is 64bytes. so with this configuration i'm achieving only 512kbps. so is there any chance of increasing endpoint size. There is morethen 50% degradation comparing to 12mbps.And what is relation between start of frame packet and usb device.
Please try to help ragarding this concept.

Thanks
Maheshkar.

Hi,

No, there is no way to increase EP size. 12Mbps is the signal rate, not the data rate. The actual data rate will be less than 12Mbps as the protocol includes lot of over heads, like SOF, ACK, token packet, type of EP etc...

Please go through https://www.cypress.com/?docID=50815 for better understanding.

Tnx-
PRJI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back