Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JN5148 - PC connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

north2012

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am working with JN5148 JenNet Home Sensor Demo and Eclipse software development kit.

**broken link removed**

Did anyone have experience with UART communication with PC?

Regards

OK, thank you very much for your reply.

The problem is that I am not very familiar with JN5148 programming. Most of the my work was with AVR and C#, but now I am in situation that I need to collect data form JN5148 (Coordinator plus 3 sensor boards) and present it in Win application developed in C#. My idea is just to add interrupt driven UART routine for Coordinator and to put readings from all sensors in one packet which will be transmitted to the PC. Any help for this function (initialization)?

For ATmega32, for example, I will add something like this:

in main function
Code:
UCSRB |= (1 << RXCIE);
GICR = 0b10000000;
MCUCR = 0b00001000;
SREG_I_bit = 1;
//interrupts active

interrupt routine:
Code:
void pc_int() iv IVT_ADDR_USART__RXC ics ICS_OFF
{
char request;
request = UART1_Read();
if (request == '@') //indication that PC has sent request for data
  {
   request_pom = 0; //global variable used in main; 
  }
  else
  {
  request_pom = 1;
  }
}

Last edited:

never had much experience with Jennic devices (after evaluation tests we went with XBee devices) so cannot help with programming them

if your existing PC code is in C# you can use the SerialPort component to connect to a COM port to talk to the Jennic device

I do not have problem to set PC application, I have already done that many times with AVR microcontrollers, but now I con not figure how to add UART routine to JN5148...

I do not have problem to set PC application, I have already done that many times with AVR microcontrollers, but now I con not figure how to add UART routine to JN5148...
have your seen
**broken link removed**

also worth looking on the Jennic forum
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back