Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cheap Bluetooth chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderdantheman

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
G'day,

I'm looking for a Bluetooth chip-set that is readily available and easily interfaces to a micro. There were a few past posts that I found however that part (NXP BGB203) has been discontinued. All I really want is a Bluetooth serial port. Any ideas?

D.

Hello!

You should specify what kind of bitrate you are expecting.
I'm a user of BlueGige BLE112. It works fine but the bit rate is quite limited.
According to BlueGiga, it's about 3K byte / second. So basically 30 kbps if you
count start and stop bit.
In fact, it depends on whether you use indication or notification. I don't remember
which one of these 2 has a feedback, but the one without feedback is faster.

Otherwise, I have also used older devices which were not low energy, and with
faster bit rates.

By the way, I just reread your message... You're looking for a chipset or for a module?
The chipset used in the BLE112 module is a Texas Instruments of the CC2500 series.

Dora.

Thanks for suggestions, but as Dora suggested, I'm looking for a chip-set rather than a module. I'm surprised there isn't a basic chip-set supporting a cut down stack only supporting simple protocols. Especially with the number of portable Bluetooth host devices such as smartphones and tablets etc.. What do those Bluetooth GPS units use? They're dime a dozen and generally only support the BT serial device.

However... I just looked up the CC2500 might be exactly what i'm after, less the $5 a piece from Digikey - I'm surprised that didn't come up in my parametric searches on Digikey! Thanks Dora.

any body can give me its link in India ?

Attachments

• IMG_bluetooh.jpg
    IMG_bluetooh.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 61

Status
Not open for further replies.