Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rotary Laser Leveller

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaich2000

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I have been working to construct rotary laser leveler for a while using high horizontal wavelength around 600nm with motor (1100 rpm) but the receiver is not giving any signal. I am using Leica receiver and self constructed transmitter. Please could any suggest circuit diagram for this operation?

Application: The transmitter is set to the zero level and the receiver detects signal. If the signal is at positive x-axis till then the hydraulic machine works to make the height of receiver up to the level of transmitter.

Please help! Thanks :) :)

AGATEC-B001BL4PIA-1-sm.jpg

lack of details shows a misunderstanding of how Laser transmitter is expected to be modulated and wavelength filtered for receiver. WHere are your specs?

Rotating laser are usually operated without modulation, because you have only microseconds beam transition time at larger distance.

I don't know however any specifications of the "Leica receiver", I didn't even hear of it, although I have been involved in laser measurement system design.

It's quite easy to calculate the light intensity and waveform at a certain distance from the rotating device, provided you know the optical power and beam width of the laser. So you can predict the received signal.

@SunnySkyGuy Here are the specifications:

Screen Shot 2014-06-23 at 12.25.08 pm.png

I am using this specification as a reference to build a project, but not able to achieve. Can you help in developing the circuit for transmitter and receiver?

I don't believe that building a laser leveller is particularly a circuit design problem. It's a problem of laser and sensor selection, optics, rotation mechanic. There are different sensor concepts, e.g. using an array of discrete photo diodes, linear sensor arrays, PSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back