Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LEM LTSR-6NP HALL EFFECT TRANSDCUER MEASUREING ac voltAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineer1000

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using a hall effect transdcuer to measure AC current form a 230v supply. The current is between 0 and 1A. I want to convert the output voltage from the transdcuer to a dc votage and feed it into a summing amp.
I can't find a method to do this

I presume, your specific problem is converting the transducer output signal (AC voltage) to a current proportional DC value? You didn't clearly ask. If so, review previous forum discussions or google about precision rectifier circuits.

This Hall transducer uses a DC ref of 2.5 offset for the zero crossing current and also uses a step-down current transformer for sensing (2000:1 or 2000:2 or 2000:3 ratio select) with a sensitivity of 104.16 mV/A centered around 2.5V with 0 to 5V range giving a max range of +- 19.2 Apk

Thus your AC current already converted to unipolar DC out with a 2.5V offset. If you need to condition this signal to DC for slow ADC readings, then a "precision Op Amp rectifier" using the 2.5V reference is required as well the same if you are measuring voltage.

Bonus info: If measuring VA & VAR then a multiplier with sine, cos signals is needed or similar to measure power and power factor.

the -6NP in the part number means the primary nominal current (RMS) is 6 Amp-turns to prevent saturation with 1,2,3 turn options. Note this is RMS vs 19 A pk for spikes.

Last edited:

I presume, your specific problem is converting the transducer output signal (AC voltage) to a current proportional DC value? You didn't clearly ask. If so, review previous forum discussions or google about precision rectifier circuits.

This is what I want to do?: I have a VCO A summing op amp controls the voltage in and hence the frequency. One of the inputs is measuring the ac current so if the current drops the feed backvoltage to go back up hence keeps the current of the unit constant. So I have a hall effect transducer monitoring the current in. I need the ac output of the hall effect aence to be a dc voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.