Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transmiting video stream using CC3000 and a MSP430 to a server frame by frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindbender_lk

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am carrying the following project to gain experience as a student.

I want to use the Texas Instruments CC3000 IC to transmit images coming off a camera module through SPI to webserver. a person who views the webserver should be able to access the camera.

I have a fair knowledge in php and I also understand such a big task cannot be fully explained here and the fact that its already implemented and its hard to do.

But I would like a guidance. As to what things I should worry about and the best way to start off. Do I need to worry about clock synchronization?

any information with regard to this topic would be great!
cheers

Are you sure that the selected MSP430 processor has the necessary intrefaces to receive image data from the camera module? Did you estimate achievable image sizes, data rates and throughput?

Good question. Currently the design is conceptual is an idea in me. I like to research about this matter before starting to implement it.
I am also good at ARM Cortex M if MSP430s' processing power is not enough. Usually there exist many ARM Cortex -M launchpads by TI that support fast clocking speeds and all protocols required to transmit data. I am ok with obtaining the image and processing it and storing the same in the RAM. But my knowledge is not so good at transmission from micro and receiving by server.
Are there lot of clock synchronizations problem involved? I bear good knowledge in SPI and UART transmissions,
and its worse at imagining how to enable this image stream to be a video displayed through Webserver. (I am good with php, its just the showing the video part I dont understand)

those are the most problematic areas I really need some basics on so I can go to google and move on with those basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back