Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mosfet driver dc motor controller with pwm

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspirecole

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is it enough to use 5V pwm to drive a mosfet for a big load?.. should i use a high amplitude pwm or what?.. my mosfet gate voltage is +-20V

1.What MOSFET you are using?
2.Are you using H-Bridge to drive motor?
3.Where you have connected your load(DC motor) i.e high side or low side driving?
4.What is the load current requirement?

irfz48N not using H bridge just controlling the speed in one direction.. high side driving and the load current is 20A..

- - - Updated - - -

1.What MOSFET you are using?
2.Are you using H-Bridge to drive motor?
3.Where you have connected your load(DC motor) i.e high side or low side driving?
4.What is the load current requirement?

irfz48N not using H bridge just controlling the speed in one direction.. high side driving and the load current is 20A..

what about the supply voltage to the motor?
if you opt low side driving you can use discrete MOSFET driver using BC547(NPN),BC557(PNP) with few resistors;high side driving requires a driver IC such as IR2110(1 High & 1 LOW side driver)

what about the supply voltage to the motor?
if you opt low side driving you can use discrete MOSFET driver using BC547(NPN),BC557(PNP) with few resistors;high side driving requires a driver IC such as IR2110(1 High & 1 LOW side driver)

im connecting 24V battery to the motor. the other wire to the drain of mosfet.. then applying pwm to the gate pin..is it low side drive or high side drive?

im connecting 24V battery to the motor. the other wire to the drain of mosfet.. then applying pwm to the gate pin..is it low side drive or high side drive?

Its a low side drive because Source terminal of the MOSFET is directly connected to ground.
you can use the attached circuit diagram it would work for you

dc-motor-driver.png

Its a low side drive because Source terminal of the MOSFET is directly connected to ground.
you can use the attached circuit diagram it would work for you

alright..thanx..can i use other model of transistor for the BC547A and BC557

any similar transistor should work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back