Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inductor for buck converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshh

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have toroidal inductor and i want to use it in dc-dc buck converter but i don't know its value , how to measure it ?
what would happen if i use this coil schaffner RB series 3 mhhttps://sa.rsdelivers.com/product/schaffner/rb8522-16-3m0/common-mode-choke-1-phase-16a-30mh/7690578.aspx in 17-9 volt buck converter 55 watt ? will it be ok or should i use smaller inductance ? also could i use any type of inductors or just toroidal coil ferrite core?
how to calculate the inductance needed for buck converter?

This is a common mode choke. It's not suited as storage inductor. It can only carry the rated current without saturation, if both windings have opposite current direction.

This is a common mode choke. It's not suited as storage inductor. It can only carry the rated current without saturation, if both windings have opposite current direction.
do you mean it can't be used for this application ? if so would you propose another inductor?

inductor of buck converter

how to select the inductor of buck converter and how to calculate its value?

Status
Not open for further replies.