Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which diode to use for bridge rectifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

motoshan

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all....
i wish to buid a bridge rectifier for a 12v supply. The source supply is my bike which is capable of delivering high Current, is it safe to use the diode IN4007 for this purpose ? I guess the bike's dynamo will generate 12v capable of supplying upto 7A.
do I need to change the diode? what about the diode IN5401, Which I had found on the scraps? pls help me, Im a computer science student and I dont know much abt electronics
awaiting replies

IN4007 are good for high voltage rectification (1000V) but can deliver current of max 1A. IN5401 can give output current of 3A in continuous flow. Still isn't safe. Since your system requires upto 7A of current, for being in the safe side, use any of between 10A01 to 10A07. Its a 10A rectifier diode.

oh!! thanks a lotttt...
actually my system dosnt require 7A but what I meant is the source supply is capable of delivering 7A if necessary and my system draws only few mw of current. As per your suggestion im heading with in4007 which is quite enough!

thanks again !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back