Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unrouted lines between all vias in GND plane (PADS Layout)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helmut Forren

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I’ve inherited a schematic (by DxDesigner) and pcb (by PADS Layout). On the 6-layer pcb, there is a copper ground plane covering most of the layers. There are hundreds of vias stitching them together. By the way, the pcb is two separate boards in one design, and there are five signals common between the board that get connected by a cable. Therefore, there *should* be five nets with incomplete routing, between the two boards. One of these nets is GND. Here’s the problem, however. Yes, there’s a yellow “unrouted” line connecting one of the vias on the left side board to one of the vias on the right side board. Fine. But there are also hundreds more lines connecting every single via. Why? These should be contacted by the copper plane and thus not unrouted. Note that I went ahead and [tried to pour] GND copper on another layer, just in that was the problem. I chose another layer so I could turn it off and still see my primary work and unrouted’s on a different layer. But the unrouted’s didn’t go away. How do I get rid of them? They make it too difficult to see the genuinely unrouted nets.

is there a function called "reconnect" ?

Well, thanks for trying to help, but your question is too vague. "Is there a function called 'reconnect'?" Well, where? What do you mean. Do you mean a menu option somewhere? Sorry if it's just me that's too dense, but I don't understand how to answer your question.

Are you observing GND connections even though it is connected using copper?If Yes then please try ctrl+m

I suspect that ctrl+m is the same function I am referring to - perhaps its called minimse nets?
To reconnect or minimise the nets to their shortest length.

I am not familiar enough with pads to know what it is called exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back