Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why does my typed small letter G on this site have no tail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioguru

Advanced Member level 7
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ggggg looks normal now but on threads the g has no tail. Instead it looks like a reversed letter p. How do I fix it?

Where does the problem show up?
The ones you typed in this thread look OK, as do the ones you typed in the cmos inverter thread.

...or are you looking at someone else's post? Maybe they can't spell and typed "q" instead of "g".

Did you zoom in on a web page, to make the text larger?

Maybe the enlarged font is too tall for a field, and the bottoms of letters get trimmed?

Here is what it looks like:

Attachments

• g problem.png
    g problem.png
    6 KB · Views: 145

Which browser are you using?
Have you set the font to a size different than the default?
Have you tried alternative browsers, do they have the same problem?

Which browser are you using?
Have you set the font to a size different than the default?
Have you tried alternative browsers, do they have the same problem?
I use Internet Explorer #11 but it was the same with #10.
It does not happen on a forum on any other website.

Since it does not happen on other websites then the font size is good (where can I find it?).

Since it does not happen on other websites then the font size is good (where can I find it?).

I haven't used explorer in years but I remember there was a font setting you could set to small/large, it seems that the setting doesn't exist any longer, probably got replaced by the zoom functionality.
By the way is your zoom setting to 100% ?
I think the problem has to do with margins that are exceeded by zooming and the letters get cut, was this always the case or it started happening a week ago or a month ago etc

The zoom setting of my internet Explorer is at 100%. This tail-cutoff problem began months ago, maybe when I switched from Windows XP to Windows 7.
But like another problem I had with another website (compatibility problem) the problem occurs only HERE.

I think you have the font size set to larger than standard.

I get this on my works PC where I have a large font size, some software does not consider the font size and still shows it in the same size box.

On your desktop right click and personalize, choose display on bottom left, font size setting is there.

On my desktop the personalize, display shows that the text size is and was Smaller-100% by default.
I changed my font to Ariel instead of Times New Roman.

EDIT: That fixed it!

I am back with the same problem as before. The tail is missing on a small letter "g" only on some posts only on this website.
Here is a thread today where some posts are normal but one has the problem. Does anybody see a pattern?

Attachments

• tail missing on small letter g.png
    tail missing on small letter g.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 156

Hi

In that screenshot, it's only in LvW's post that the "g"s got chopped. The distinctive feature there is that the chopped "g"s are on the bottom line, close to the bottom i.e. not far above the green bar.

I would guess that if you change the width of your browser window to split that line of text over two lines, then the "g" on the top line would be OK and the bottom one would be clipped. Similarly, if you adjust the width so that the last "g" of post 8 wraps to the next line, then it would also be clipped.

There's something even more weird about how posts are displayed in your browser though - most of the bio info on the left under the user name is cut off, as are all the buttons at the bottom of each post ("helped me", "reply", "reply with quote" etc)

Is there some setting you've changed that causes that? Otherwise it looks like your stylesheets are corrupted. Maybe pressing CTRL F5 to bring in fresh copies of everything would help.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's what that post looks like to me:

Maybe he has combined four cropped images to save space

Yes I cropped the screen shots to save space.
Here are some more. They all have a letter "g" on the bottom line and some are good and others are bad:

- - - Updated - - -

The pattern of my problem with the "g" might be the "Did you find this post helpful" nonsense that should not be there.

Attachments

• probem again with a g.png
    probem again with a g.png
    69 KB · Views: 153

It seems that the helped me button is overlayed on the lower pixels of the text line so unless there is a signature or an avatar image to add some space between the text and the button you get than effect

Tails of letters are chopped off, things missing in my posts, AGAIN

I am asking again this year why my posts look different to most other people's posts.
I tried changing my profile's settings to Default instead of EDA Classic but it made no difference.
See my attachment.

Attachments

• My posts.png
    My posts.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 109

I'm assuming you are still having this issue...

It appears to be a problem with the way the html for edaboard is being rendered....

Left is IE 11 and the right is Chrome 37
Capture.PNG
As you can see IE is rendering with less space between the last line of text and the bottom part of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.