Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finfet PTM 32nm model input capacitance?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddhiqvlsi

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have designed Static differential cascode voltage switch logic using double gate Mosfet PTM 32nm FInfet model...I have to find the input capacitance of the same...Can anyone help me?....

Thanks in advance

Did you simulate it? In Cādence' ADE: Results -> Direct Plot -> DC , find the appropriate Fet/node and print its Cgg.

Did you simulate it? In Cādence' ADE: Results -> Direct Plot -> DC , find the appropriate Fet/node and print its Cgg.

Thanks for your reply...

I have simulated using hspice....have done transient analysis....

.option captab post
.print tran cap(input_node)

I have tried using the above lines to find nodal capacitance at input nodes....Is nodal capacitance same as the input capacitance or is there a separate procedure to find the same...

While using the above lines in my spice code to find Capacitance at input node I got the value as 0

Kindly respond at the earliest...Thanks in advance

...Is nodal capacitance same as the input capacitance or is there a separate procedure to find the same...

These are different values: the nodal cap. is an intrinsic value independent of extrinsic feedback (Miller, tail source, external feedback). Input capacitance considers the sum of all these caps, depending on the circuit and its operation point.

If your simulator doesn't allow for printing the input capacitance explicitly, you can run an ac analysis and inject a unit ac voltage v (1V) at the node in question. The current i into this node vs. frequency is proportional to its input conductance, i.e. to its capacitance: ωC = i/v ; v=1 , where from you can calculate its capacitance.

Thanks for your reply....
Is it possible to use PTM-MG model card for designing double gate mosfet?
Kindly reply at the earliest..

- - - Updated - - -

Also I want to know which yields better performance?....
SOI finfet or bulk finfet model?....

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks in advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back