Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting Rotary Switch to Digitally control soft switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

pradipkhare

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Currently I am using a Rotary switch, as shown in the image attached. The purpose of this switch is to select a source from multiple Sine wave sources.

I want to move to soft switch(s) instead of mechanical switch, in other word Micro controller based. Since this is not just a logical voltage output (like transistor output or straightforward) and hence having difficulty to design.

Requesting your help in this regard?

Thanks in advance,
Pradip

Attachments

• Rotary Switch.jpg
    Rotary Switch.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 103

Depending on your input voltage levels you can use an analog switch like>
**broken link removed**
where you can select up to 8 inputs with 3 binary signals . Or just 4 inputs with 2 binary signals.
If your signal are out of the range for analog switches or you need high linearity, you can use small signal relays with a similar decoding scheme (2 bits) or no decoder using 4 bits.

" I want to move to soft switch(s) ", a soft switch is a fast fade!!. A software controlled switch is a hard switch controlled by software. If you want one of these try a 4066 chip. Comments, keep yout audio to less the .9VCC p-p, not infinite off/on ratio, but pretty good. Bias the audio to .5 VCC.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.