Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which protocol to use for sending SMS using PLC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
smpp gateway ebook rapidshare

You can try this site.

**broken link removed**

It has good information about PDU format and a sample how to convert between octet - septet.

sms protocol book

Well here you can find a sample description on how to make the UCP coded stuff....

Attached is a pdf file with the whole UCP protocol description :wink:

Monty 8)

nokia sms protocol

hi!
it maybe help u

sony ericsson protocol sms

Hi everybody.. I've been reading all the fantastic posts above..
I'm currently planning to take up a project to send sms using a 8051 microcontroller and a Nokia 3310. I've purchased a download cable which connects the phone to the microcontroller.
I'm still in the research process. Although all these posts seem much related to my project, it sounds too technical to me, as this is my 1st attempting this kinda project.
I would be very grateful if u guys can help me out in getting started from head to tail.. I am very eager to learn. Thanks guys...

siemens sms from pc protocol

d3v4n,

press the search button on top of this page enter "sms nokia" without the quotes and select "Search for all terms" and and you will find a lot of interesting posts that are more or less related to your project.

good luck

download rapidshare vb send receive sms

Hi C-man.. thanks.
I did go through all the posts and websites related to "sms nokia". They were useful as u said. But i think i need more help, from the very basics, as some of them are very technical(to me)..
Thanks again

sms: protocol with attach link

d3v4n said:
Hi C-man.. thanks.
I did go through all the posts and websites related to "sms nokia". They were useful as u said. But i think i need more help, from the very basics, as some of them are very technical(to me)..
Thanks again

What is your main problem hardware or software (or both)?

Are you familiar with electronics?

Are you familiar with microcontroller programming?

Which programming language are you planing to use (are you familiar with it)?

best regards

sms protocol 3gpp

My main problem (now) is hardware.. I'm familiar a bit with electronics.
I'm not at all familiar with programming the microcontroller and software.

This is my situation C-Man:
I'm doing a system where a sms is to be sent to the user if his/her vehicle is being intruded.

I picture the system is supposed to be like this:
To interface the module of the car alarm system to the microcontroller and the microcontroller to the handphone. I've planned to use a 8051 microcontroller and a Nokia 3310. I'm using a data cable to connect the phone to the microcontroller.
(Am i in the right direction?)

I guess i need to start off with learning the hardware part.. about interfacing, connecting and all..

I need serious help in starting(and the whole) bcoz i'm very "alien" to all this.

Thanks

picture sms in ota format

OK I understand.

First of all the phone you have chosen is very complicated to handle from the software side :-(

Take a look a Siemens phones much easier (from software side).

Also take a look at this page to get some ideas:
**broken link removed**

best regards

send image ota to nokia 3310

For Nokia Sms in PDU mode i think this source will give a lot of hints , and make the project a lot easier.

**broken link removed**

This site has a lot of info abut the Nokia Fbus , make sure to check out the links in bottom of page.
**broken link removed**

This app note (in basic :-( ... ) , might give you some hints , and there is a nice link in bottom witch points at this zip file (same code as above , but additional doc included)
http://www.mcselec.com/download/appnotes/nokiacode.zip

Hope this helps you out.

/Bingo

fixed line sms protocol

C-man n Bingo,

I'm supposed to use a Nokia 3310.. and an Intel 8051 for my project..
I've gone through the embedtronics - Fbus before.. it sounds really technical..
I wish i could get more help in the hardware part, as in how to interface and such..

Thanks

sms protocol programing

Dear Bingo,

I think i've got the idea of interfacing between the microcontroller and rs232.
Also found this link below interesting:
**broken link removed**
Can you check for me if its suitable? If yes, do i have to use this interfacing between microcontroller and the computer or between microcontroller and the hand phone(using the data cable as in embedtronics website), or both?

Thanks

sms protocol command

Try to read this project as well:

Control anything from a cell phone
Tiny Planet: a planet-wide, wireless I/O port
**broken link removed**

C-Man said:
Also take a look at this page to get some ideas:
h**p://home.no/fsan/projects/
This page does not work properly in Firefox 1.0.

hyper termnal c35

Yea ME.. I've already gone thru this site.. as posted by Bingo..Thanks

I think i'm in a serious mess.. i still can't seem to understand a lot of things..
Anyway, i'm now trying to understand the hardware part..

Wish this lost kid aLL the best..

norme protocole sms

Hey..
I need to know how to interact with the handphone through the PC.
I want to do this to check if my handphone reacts to the codes sent from the PC, that is to get a reply back from the handphone.
This is to send and receive sms.

I want to know what is it that i'm suppose to write and send from the PC.
Any help guys?

Thanks

picture messaging smpp pdu

Hi..
Can i use Hyper Terminal to send AT commands to a Nokia 3310?
Pls reply..
Thanks

sms protocol parameters

3310 from nokia does not support AT command ,It support FBUS protocol,you can communicate with it by FBUS message formats.

But I think for a good commercial product you must use GSM modules ,because power supply and on /off of them is under control and you do not have bettery inside it.

bmg,smsc

Hi there..

Now i'm planning to use a Siemens C35 handphone.
So what's next?

Thanks a lot.

vb6 fbus sequence

I've sent AT command to a Siemens C35 using Hyper Terminal and got the reply: OK
I guess i'm on the right track.
Can anyone help me in sendind sms using this same method?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back