Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cache decay Vs DRG Cache - does gated ground SRAM lose data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phuang

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,

I am puzzled with the cache decay (ISCA01, Cache Decay: Exploiting Generational Behavior to Reduce Cache Leakage Power) and DRG cache (DAC02- DRG-Cache: A Data Retention Gated Ground Cache for Low Power). The former said that the gated ground SRAM lost data, while the latter said the gated-ground SRAM can hold the data when turning off the sleep transistor. Tow opposite answers!

I tried in PTM 32nm, and found the SRAM can hold the data when I turned off the nMOS sleep transistor, and the "0" node saturated at about 340mV, just as the DRG-Cache.

My questions is that why people referred 617 times to the cache-decay paper (ISCA01, Cache Decay: Exploiting Generational Behavior to Reduce Cache Leakage Power) . Should I doubt all the people ?

Can anybody help me? Thank you very much!

Best,
Phuang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back