Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Widebeam and narrow beam IR led

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrojosh86

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
As the title says. Where would I buy these little devices? eBay came up with nothing and I google widebeam IR LED and can't seem to find them. I'm using them in this **broken link removed**. I could buy the kit but could build it on a perfboard for much cheaper.

I am guessing the wider the angle the wider the beam. Thanks.

I am guessing the wider the angle the wider the beam.

Exactly. Perhaps you can find IR LED selection tables (either from manufacturers or from distributors) which contain the beam (or viewing) angle.

There are many IR LED types designed for particular applications , like remote control, distance measurement, CD players and optical fiber links. If you need a narrow beam, IR optics can help. The simplest way is to use a small parabolic mirror like in a flashlight, and adjust it with an IR photodiode moving across the beam for the best beam width.

Status
Not open for further replies.