Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery indicator for multi levels to indicate charging completions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajaram04

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello sir

while googling i found so many charge indicator but i don't know which one is good . . well
All i want to design a multi level indicator system for diffrent voltage levels from diffrent battery source actually.
for example if i connect a 3.6 volt battery i ll set it in the way that the indicator ll blink for full charge
& when i connect a 4.5 volts battery i ll set it for that so that same indicator ll blink now for full charge & so on
By doing adjustments i guess parallely it is also possible to set a charging voltage corresponding to the battery we are charging at the moment , is it so ? please comment

i need levels for 3.6, 4.5, 6,8, 9, 12 volts

please help

Hello sir

while googling i found so many charge indicator but i don't know which one is good . . well
All i want to design a multi level indicator system for diffrent voltage levels from diffrent battery source actually.
for example if i connect a 3.6 volt battery i ll set it in the way that the indicator ll blink for full charge
& when i connect a 4.5 volts battery i ll set it for that so that same indicator ll blink now for full charge & so on
By doing adjustments i guess parallely it is also possible to set a charging voltage corresponding to the battery we are charging at the moment , is it so ? please comment

please help

I would recommend you to build several voltage comparators, with their reference voltages set by potentiometers so they respond to the voltages you need. LM310 is one comparator, you can find multiple comparator ICs as drivers for LED column indicators.

Hello sir

please help

Sometimes depending on the battery type it's not all about battery voltage, current play's a part in it as well, if you put an over discharged battery on charge sometimes the voltage can shoot up to it's fully charged voltage with very little current flowing this would indicate the battery would be fully charged. but it's not if you left it on charge for a while you would see that the voltage would to start to reduce and the current flowing would start to increase. This mainly applies to SLA and lead acid batteries, but if you over-discharge a battery this could cause damage and reduce the battery life. most battery gauge's use algorithms to prevent this and it's the same way if you apply a load to the battery the battery voltage would drop fairly quickly and if you did not use a algorithm and just used a voltage comparator this would trip and indicate the battery would be flat or getting low on voltage the same way really in detecting a fully charged battery. This is why some battery gauge's cost more because of the work and design of it.
But all this depends on how accurate you need it to be and how simple here is a link that use's a LM3914 chip
https://www.instructables.com/answers/Modifications-to-LED-Bar-Graph-Volt-Meter-for-12vo/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back