Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IMD Spacing for a Two-Tone test (+/- 1.8MHz ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFegg

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My input signal is a multi-channel/carrier OFDM. Each channel have 5MHz bandwitdh.
Now, I would like to simulate a 2-tone test for its IMD. I plan to measure the 3rd order at say +/-0.2 MHz offsets from the edge (4.8MHz and 5.2MHz).
My computation is a spacing of Fcarrier +/-1.8GHz, in order to create the 3rd order tones.

Is this correct?

Hello Chuckey,

here is my sample scenario. my channel is 5MHz operational BW. normally the specified measurement for shoulder distance (i think i was incorrect when i'm referring to as 3rd order, sorry for that) is 0.2MHz offset from the edges of the BW. Example my carrier is 2GHz centered in a 5MHz BW. I would like then to measure the distortion level at 2GHz-2.5MHz-0.2MHz at the low side and 2GHz+2.5MHz+0.2MHz for the high side. Since in MWO, they only have nth order IMD testings, I have to adjust my input tones such that their 3rd order IMD's are the low side and high side. my overall band inclusive of the side is 5+0.2+0.2=5.4MHz...divide it by 3 gives me 1.8MHz seperation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back