Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

For designing 50v,100v,150v dc power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shibas

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to design 50v,100v,150v power supplies?I need to use these power supplies for an actuator(Piezo stack actuator).

Can any body help me with the design equations for the above mentioned power supplies along with their circuit diagrams and necessary materials or notes for designing the power supply?

I think we can design these dc power supplies using a transformer,a bridge rectifier and a capacitor.

But what should be the different voltage and current ratings of the transformer for designing the 50v,100v,150v dc power supplies?

What should be the value and voltage rating of the capacitor?

Can u help me by providing either the circuit diagrams of the power supply design using the transformer,bridge and capacitor for the 3 different dc power supplies of 50v,100v and 150v or by providing the links for getting the necessary materials,diagrams,equations for designing the 3 dc power supplies of 50v,100v and 150v.

First you have to know what is the voltage & current requirement of your actuator. Is it works on exactly 50, 100 & 150 volts??? What is the maximum current requirement???? And is it requires DC supply??

Say current consumption by your actuator is 1 A.
Then you have to find out the required transformer in your market with specifications of 220V to 50v,1 Amp (50 watt transformer). Similar with 100v and 150v.

These values are maybe hard to find. If you don't get the transformer of these values, then you have to go for the PWM circuit. First let me know about the current consumption and the availability of trafo in your market. If you get the trafo, you can use the circuit from the link I provided you. https://www.circuitlab.com/circuit/3qyq6z/ac-power-supply-transformer-and-bridge-rectifier/

Status
Not open for further replies.