Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to consider the cmfb loop stability ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ablue

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
stability of cmfb loop

Hi all:
if i use discrete time cmfb in my design, how to consider the cmfb loop stability ? will that be unstable? what is the difference between discretetime cmfb and continuous time cmfb in loop stability

Re: stability of cmfb loop

In P.R.gray's 4th edition analog circuit design book, there are some discussion on this issue. You can consult it.

to make stability when you make GBWcm>GBWdm

Is it really necessary to make GBWcm > GBWdm?

stability of cmfb loop

I did not bother much about SC CMFB loop stability when designed fully-diff OTA. Just followed the caps sizing considerations from Johns&Martin (swicthed caps should be 1/4~1/10 of non-switched), played a bit with PSS to see the CM level dynamics during the clock and it worked fine for me..

I think loop stability is a problem for continuous-time CMFB, not discrete.

You can see this paper
”Determination of stability using return ratios in balanced fully differential feedback circuits” IEEE transactions of circuits and systems II, vol 42, NO.12 DEC. 1995.

when stability

always check the loopgian T=a*f
you can use bode

I think GBWcm<GBWdm is better
kkoko said:
to make stability when you make GBWcm>GBWdm

layes2 said:
when stability

always check the loopgian T=a*f
can u explain in detail?3x
you can use bode

borodenkov said:
I did not bother much about SC CMFB loop stability when designed fully-diff OTA. Just followed the caps sizing considerations from Johns&Martin (swicthed caps should be 1/4~1/10 of non-switched), played a bit with PSS to see the CM level dynamics during the clock and it worked fine for me..

I think loop stability is a problem for continuous-time CMFB, not discrete.

What do you mean swicthed caps and non-switched caps?

Status
Not open for further replies.