Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how the china made handhold light items run on coin or on even button cells ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajaram04

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Sir
I occasionally or in some places found some very very cheap light fabcy items at road side or anywhere , these are operated on small battery system , i observed chser effect, fade in fade out effect , etc , & all done on single or pair of l.e.d.s , so how its ossible to run on such small cells however we already know such circuits are mostly operated on large currents then how all operated with a single chip & few cells ? 8-O

Hello Sir
I occasionally or in some places found some very very cheap light fabcy items at road side or anywhere , these are operated on small battery system , i observed chser effect, fade in fade out effect , etc , & all done on single or pair of l.e.d.s , so how its ossible to run on such small cells however we already know such circuits are mostly operated on large currents then how all operated with a single chip & few cells ? 8-O

Hi RajaRam04,

Can You help me to understand this words "light fabcy items", "chser effect", what you consider under "cell" ?

Regards,
Peter

sorry printing mistake :p
its light fancy items , chaser effect , fade in fade out , blinking etc etc

i know what you want to know.

these fancy lights and chasers did not consume so much current as you think, because of semiconductor ultra low power high brightness LED's and with focusiing lens at the top of the LED'S it appears so much bright even with very less current consumption.

look at this led with mounting lens.
http://www.asia.ru/upload_images/97/96443/1425325_10.JPG

captain sir what u are explaining is o.k. but l.e.d.s are normal & light up with same intensity , when i prepare such circuits on a breadboard using i.c.s it needs a large amount of power . Even i am not able to make it with or 6 coin cells :-(
why this cheap rate items generally use 4 to 6 button cell for the operation , why we can't ?
that the main basic reason i want to know . . . thanks

- - - Updated - - -

tpetar sir these are basically toys for children & also we decorate ocassionally our rooms with such things

The LEDs blink on and off so they consume battery power only when they are turned on. Their on time is probably a lot shorter than their off time.
Their circuit is probably Cmos that uses almost no battery current. Did you use power-hungry TTL logic ICs?

At 20mA a bright LED will light up things and will blind you if you look at it. Maybe the Chinese thing operates the LEDs at one mA or less so the tiny battery lasts a long time.

Lots of thing depends from parts quality and spec, for example its not the same led 5mm 25° with 35mA 7000mcd and 5mm 35mA 25° 35000mcd. Todays LED have new aproach with new lens generation and lens tech in general which give better results. In other hands I think this devices uses solar cells and cheap Chinese Li-Ions batteries 18650.

For better disccussion maybe is better to show exact device picture or some link where can we see thise devices.

I think this device uses solar cells and cheap Chinese Li-Ions batteries 18650.
Post #6 says the Chinese LED thing is powered from tiny throw-away coin cells, not a huge rechargeable cell.

Attachments

• battery cells.png
    battery cells.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 82

Gr8
ya audioguru sir its exactly running on pair of button cells or some with coin cells . . .no solar cell deals with our discussion here & all the fancy items are for night time & dark area decorations , infact we purchae it from people standing on footpaths etc during night time only , they show thier items in that dark time only , many of them survive on this only . . well coming to discussions audioguru sir thanksful to you for such a nice explanation & ya definitly i use cmos i.c.s only while making such type of items but i need more power specially the circuitry needs a power source with a high current out , it works very fast very smoothly & for a very very long time . . . but i ll hv to go with what u explained & its enough to change the way my mind is going on . . well thanks thanks thanks a lot for all the supports & ll show you a picture for the example here soon , let me take a shoot of it :p so kind of you :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

sir here is a giff image file i hardly obtained . . .
i ve for now a stick like structure contaning green blue & red l.e.d.s inside & with a handle like structure & a small microswitch switch head mounted on handle up side top , on each press you ll find the operations like - blinking very very fast like tube lights starup , then blinking one by one a little bit slower than previous & lastly fading out & in one by one & then switch to off . . . only here you may find a single operation in the picture as i have a 2 megapixel cam of my laptop & not enough to capture the whole visuals . . . i shooted the video & convert it to a giff image file . . ll try with a better cam soon . . .for now please refer to the present file

**broken link removed**

There are night time street parties in cities near me. There are many LED blinking Chinese products being sold for very low prices.
Most use a microcontroller so the LED sequences are fairly complicated and are selectable. I think the battery does not last long.

oh microcontroller ? hmm its commonly a very small size black colour chip like structure not bigger than pinkie :p so if it contains a microcontroller & too of lower costs then its a big revolution i guess . . . .
infact big chain festival lights are also having same arrangments but directly operated with a.c. mains followed by a transformerless supply

o woww another exprnce here :) okk i agree & i know a lil.bit about it , theory is inductance .. but dear we are dealing with a chip , a pair of cells & few LEDs nothing more than that . . i never saw any coil ever ever & too cils cant be implant under an ic chip

tpetar sir i upload the lichting effect of the item here as a giff file please refer to that rest i ll post the circuitry & outer looks later

When I try to open attachment in post #10 I get following message :

"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Ok I overlooked the Chip part...

okk so i was unable to post the giff file here so have some snapshots here if it could help then . . .

battery & chip.jpgbattery & chip working.jpgbattery set.jpgcloase up of intensity.jpgpattern 00.jpgpattern 01.jpgthe chip on board.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

tpetar sir attachments for u here & in previous giff file i am also getting same msg dere :( i am unable to upload video actually cause we don't have option here except youtubes :( what to do

It has 3 button cells which are visible and the circuit board in it, but the chip you were talking about is not visible. These are low power LED's as it seems so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back