Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Standard Cell Dynamic Power Calculation in SPECTRE ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haripal Kochhar

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have claculated the Dynamic Power for standard cell in ELC(Encounter Library Characterizer) using Formula : Rise Power = Integ (Ivdd - Ilkg) *V - CV^2
By Deducting switching power from rise power
In Spectre i have used the command : export real name1 = integ (trim (sig=I(VDD), from=t1 to=t2) -(I_leakage))*VDD - (C*VDD^2)
Could any one suggest m i doing the accurate calculation. Because as my power numbers are not matching.

Last edited:

I have claculated the Dynamic Power for standard cell in ELC(Encounter Library Characterizer) using Formula : Rise Power = Integ (Ivdd - Ilkg) *V - CV^2
By Deducting switching power from rise power
In Spectre i have used the command : export real name1 = integ (trim (sig=I(VDD), from=t1 to=t2) -(I_leakage))*VDD - (C*VDD^2)
Could any one suggest m i doing the accurate calculation. Because as my power numbers are not matching.

Hello,
Did you get help on your issue because I am facing the same problem?
No outcome from Cadence support yet.
I am trying to recover .lib data with spectre simulations both for delays/transitions and power.
I have tried different formula for power (avg, rms, ...) but It is far away to match with decades mismatch already because of pW or NW unit.
How far are you to match ?
Thaks,
best regards,
Nicolas

Status
Not open for further replies.