Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need guidance for my career

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranger01

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am currently working as an ASIC-DFT engineer. For those who are unaware of ASIC-DFT, its a Design For Test technology. Its completely performed using CAD tools.

At this point I have a fair knowledge about almost all the fields in Electronics, which are mainly, VLSI, Signal processing and RF communications. During my Under-graduation, I was much interested in Electromagnetism, RF communications and Antenna but I ended up in a job in the VLSI domain. I am planning to pursue my Graduate degree in Electrical Engineering in US. I do not want my 2 years of work experience in VLSI to go in vain.

Can anyone here please guide me to choose an appropriate specialization for my Graduate studies, where I can blend in both my work experience(VLSI) and my personal interest(RF)?

I would also like to know the career growth in RF Engineering also.

Thanks!

Hi Ranger,
Now a days, all there is great buzz in RF ICs manufacturing. All the planner waveguides, antennae are being designed as fabricated designs. It's broad field where models are created using CAD tools such as HFSS, IE3D etc. I suggest you to go for MS in RF ICs called MIC(Microwave Integrated circuits) and it has future scope in space designs, automobile industry and defense field.

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I am very much delighted to know about such a field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back